Sunday, January 15, 2012

Question: January 15 - On a Scale of One to Ten, How Was Your Lunch Today?

I'll call it a 2. I had crackers, and a multi vitamin. I know, that’s not a meal. No argument there. But the cabinets are empty, and the fridge isn’t even plugged in anymore. There isn’t any point. Eventually I’ll get hungry enough that I’ll wander over to my parents house and beg a little food off them. I know, it’s pathetic. 
But we’re doing our best here. We’re struggling, yes. But we have to make it a point to think about next year, and how much better things will be then.
 A year from now, when I answer this question again, we’ll have a feast. And I’ll detail every single dish on the table as I look back and remember the day when we were so poor that we only ate crackers. And I’ll throw my head back and laugh at the pathetic day that was January 15, 2012. And then I’ll eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment